Grant Guidelines > Proposal Format
Proposals should include four parts: The Women’s Fund proposal cover sheet, the proposal narrative, project budget and the attachments.
1. WOMEN'S FUND PROPOSAL COVER SHEET (1-2 pages)
A completed Women’s Fund proposal cover sheet must be included with all proposals. The cover sheet may be copied into your own word document. Please include the numbers and headings from the Women's Fund cover form on document. Click here to download cover sheet.
2. PROPOSAL NARRATIVE (2 pages)
The proposal narrative briefly introduces the organization and explains what the requested funds would enable it to achieve. The narrative should describe:
- The history, mission, programs and constituents of the organization.
- How women and/or girls are involved in the leadership and decision making of the organization.
- The problem or challenge the grant will address.
- The project goals and plan for achieving these goals.
- How the project will specifically benefit women and/or girls.
- How the grant will affect the health and well-being of the organization’s clients.
- How The Women's Fund grant money will be used.
- How the project will be evaluated.
3. PROJECT BUDGET
Please include an itemized budget of all project expenses and indicate any other committed or potential funding sources.
- Copy of your IRS determination letter confirming 501(c)(3) status.
- Most recent year’s audited financial statements. If an audit is not available, please submit unaudited statements for the past two years.
- Provide an itemized organizational expense and income budget. Please indicate the time period covered by the submitted budget.
- List of your Board of Directors and their affiliations.